cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU VMWare Policy doesn't end

PorcoDio
Level 4
Hi, my enviroment running NBU 7.6.0.2. On vmware policies sometimes start policy but stay idle until i kill that job, and if i go to see event on vcenter can i see process of make and remove snapshot. What's the trouble?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I see. Well it could be a bug in Netbackup client service. Please update to NBU 7.6.0.4

Here is the bug report TECHNOTE:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH223790

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It depends on what you mean by "idle". The first step is snapshot creation. Then the backup begins. The backup is actually a seperate JOB ID. It's a "child job". The "backup" operation is the process of copying the snapshot to the destination specified in the policy. The backup step will take much longer than the snapshot step.

PorcoDio
Level 4

I' know the step. If i see event on vcenter, i see make and remove snapshot but job stay idle infinity until i kill process. For example, a job start on friday and on monday still running but do nothing.

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I see. Well it could be a bug in Netbackup client service. Please update to NBU 7.6.0.4

Here is the bug report TECHNOTE:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH223790

PorcoDio
Level 4
Well, i will upgrade my enviroment. After upgrading enviroment is better if i install nbu appliance for vmware?

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The meida server you use as the VM backup host just needs to be up to the correct patch level with the master server.

The Netbackup appliance is just a media server. It's a good option if you need a deduplicated disk pool but it won't help you with VMWare. The main benefits are not having to configure a dedupe disk pool and better support. It comes with a monitoring service and they support the hardware too.