cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFWHA NBU cluster comes up after reboot.

BVshet
Level 5

Hi All,

We have a clustered Netbackup master server using SFWHA 6.0, its hosted on windows 2008 server, the concern is whenever we do pathcing of windows server, we bring the cluster down and then reboot server, after bringing cluster down we save the config, however once server is rebooted the cluster comes up on its own no need to manualy bring the resources up.

We want that to be done manually just in case.

Whether anybody has fased such issue, is therea setting which we can change to gee the desired results, kindly advice.

Many Thanks,

Bshet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Freeze the Service Group Persistent before the reboot. 

This will prevent from NetBackup Service Group to come online when VCS starts up.

Instructions in VCS Admin Guide.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

If i am not wrong.. you need to deal with cluster config ro Windows start up config to not to start automiatcally..

may be you can look in the services.msc and change the statup type as automatic to Manual..

Note:- I am not sure about the this cluster limitation and behiaver so please check with Cluster and windows admin if you plan to chage the startp type from automatic to Manual.

jim_dalton
Level 6

Not familiar with NB under cluster nor Windows cluster but of the cluster I am familiar with, it is in this respect fundamentally different to normal startup and control in that it is the cluster software controlling start/stop, not the OS and so I support ramnagalla in saying its a fundamentally cluster configuration issue, not so much a netbackup issue, but could of course be included as part of Netbackups cluster documentation.

So talk to your cluster admin folks to configure it accordingly.

Jim  

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Freeze the Service Group Persistent before the reboot. 

This will prevent from NetBackup Service Group to come online when VCS starts up.

Instructions in VCS Admin Guide.