cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU VmWare technote confusion

empress_srk
Level 3

Hello All,

Our Windows VMWare backups are failing with status cannot connect on socket(25).

I refered to the technote below , but I am a bit confused by it. "http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH193946"

It states VM Backup Host: mybackup-host , 

and in the solution we have :Add mybackup-host to the VM backup host's server list should allow the backup to start.

My confusion is if the VM Backup host is mybackup-host itself , then should it be added in its own list , or am I missing something here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Does your Vm backup host is just a Backup host or its a media server tooo?

if its just backup host... and the backup host name to its own server list.. and this is what the T/N is trying to say... 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Does your Vm backup host is just a Backup host or its a media server tooo?

if its just backup host... and the backup host name to its own server list.. and this is what the T/N is trying to say... 

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Add all the Netbackup servers to the allowed server list unless you have a security reason not to do so.

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Like Ram said, This tech note shows the resolution to the issue was adding the backup host to the servers list. They show the reg key reflecting that.  Refer to TECH130810 for more information on how to do that. This may not be the solution to your isssue.  

Please reply with the detailed status of the failed job here. Also check your vmware credentials as well and make sure that the credentials entered in NetBackup also work in vcenter.

empress_srk
Level 3

Thanks Ram , it cleared my confusion , and now the backups are successfull.