cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM 6.5 Media Monitor

nortonj79
Not applicable
Partner

I recently installed NOM 6.5.0 on a Windows 2003 VM.  I'm able to connect to my master server just fine, but am unable to gather any data on media.  My master server 'Data Load Status' is connected to every Monitor except "Media Monitor", which shows a Connected = No status (Which leaves me with the "Partially Online" status).  I've tried disabling/enabling data collection on my master server, restarted my NOM services, and even restarted my NBU services, but still no luck. 

I've added the NOM hostname to NBU's additional server list, and the Auth Services and same client version are installed. 

I emailed Symantec, and they didn't offer much assistance, other than to report that NOM has issues when you use different versions of NOM & NetBackup...which we are not (Both 6.5.0). 

Is there something on the NBU side that isn't allowing media information to transfer to my NOM server? 

Thanks,

Jarid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

frannava
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Finally I review the host file in NOM server and add another name or the master server, disable data collection and enable it again and the media monitor is up and the master server is online now.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

frannava
Level 2
Partner Accredited
I have the same problem with one client, they have 4 master servers three in 6.5.3 and one in 6.5.3.1. The Nom server is in 6.5.3.1. Only one of this servers (6.5.3) is partially online with Media Monitor without connection. They did a maintenance network windows some days before. I supode that this maintenance affect the NOM comunications with the master server, but I have to probe that.

Regards

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
upgrade your NOM to 6.5.3.1 and check; most probabally this would solve your issue.

frannava
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Finally I review the host file in NOM server and add another name or the master server, disable data collection and enable it again and the media monitor is up and the master server is online now.

Regards