cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to restore Oracle missing archives

Velmabii
Level 4

Dear All,

Help me to restore a missing archives from linux server in which Oracle database running.

And when I open restore console it takes too much time to open.

In my environment we have only one Master server which also works as a Media server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

if you mean Oracle archive logs, than you can directly use RMAN commands, for example

rman> restore archivelog all|<condition>

I dont have experience with GUI for this task.

Oracle db restore scenarios are not usually "one click" simple actions - I also recommend to consult your Oracle DBA.

Regards

Michal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Best to do restores from cmd on client using rman. No idea about 'missing archives'. Can you list Oracle backups on the client as oracle user using bplist? bplist -t 4 /

Velmabii
Level 4

PFA of the o\p which I have got when I run bplist in client.

For the client there are 2policy has been scheduled, one is standard and another one is Oracle.

When I try to restore Standard, I'm getting all the drives and the data, but when I try to restore Oracle no files is showing.

Marianne
Level 6
Please use bplist command as I showed you in my previous post. You need to run the command on the client as the same oracle user that performed the backup. You can only restore Oracle backups from the client. Use rman commands. Get your Oracle dba to assist you.

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

if you mean Oracle archive logs, than you can directly use RMAN commands, for example

rman> restore archivelog all|<condition>

I dont have experience with GUI for this task.

Oracle db restore scenarios are not usually "one click" simple actions - I also recommend to consult your Oracle DBA.

Regards

Michal