cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 6.5 ICS installation

dbeck
Level 5
Hello All,

When installing the ICS  option 1 Symantec Private Branck Exchange,  your prompted to enter the system names, separated by spaces on which to install PBX.  What should the system names be?  Being I'm in a stand alone mode I take it would be localhost.localdomain.com.  Is that correct?

-D-

3 REPLIES 3

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi

it shoudl be the name of the server where you want to install ICS. Add the hostname of the server in the /etc/hosts file and use the actual hostname

-Rajeev

dbeck
Level 5
Thanks, Rajeev

I'm getting this now when prompted to enter A NetBackup Server or Enterprise Server license key.

This is the provided license key symantec provided for the eval : OEND-NTVJ-9VSW-NP6C-4PZX-6OG9-SE77-7GGE-PPPP: /usr/open/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpminlicense: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/openv/lib/libvxPBXCommonST.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied (127).

Please advise
-D-

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
(You didn't say which O/S you were installing on, but I am going to make an assumption. ;) )

SELinux is preventing you access to the library in question.  Can you disable it or run the appropriate `chcon` commands to allow installation to succeed?

We don't have a good TechNote for ICS installation but here's a similar one about bpcd on a client which essentially outlines the trouble you're experiencing:

STATUS CODE 23: NetBackup 6.5 Client will not start on a default install/configuration of RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) where SELinux is enforced. 
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/290148

If I knew more about this, I could give you the exact commands you need to run (assuming you can't disable SELinux) but maybe this is enough for somebody else to chime in with some RedHat knowledge.  :)