cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.7.2 Upgrade Queries

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

The upgrade seems to have gone rather smoothly….except….

The Storage Lifecycle Policies has the hourglass on it and that has been that way for several hours now.

I sorta assume it’ll work itself out eventually…but it does make me wonder.

I created a couple of new SLPs and those don’t show up in the SLP window at all but I can choose them in a normal policy as they show up in the choice for Policy Storage in the attributes tab for the policy.

Suggestions?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Steve,

, I rebooted the server. That got rid of the hourglass and the new SLPs that I had created showed up. Backups appear to have run correctly last night. So the issue is fixed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

revarooo
Level 6
Employee
Is your java console also at 7.7.2?

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Revarooo,

Don't have java console as its Windows Based system Windows Server 2008 and i am seeing this in the NB Admin Console. Are you refering to Admin Console?

Systems_Team
Level 6
   VIP   

Hi Kernal,

From NetBackup 7.7, the NetBackup Admin Console has been replaced with the Java Console.

Would I be right in guessing you are running the NetBackup Admin Console either from a management workstation, or a NetBackup installation that is pre 7.7?  IE: I'm guessing you don't have the NetBackup Admin Console on the Master/Media servers you've upgraded to 7.7.2?

You can find a lot of posts in this forum regarding the Java Console now being the new management platform.  I'm still on 7.6.0.4, so still have the Windows based NetBackup Admin Console.  I'd love to keep using that when I upgrade to 7.7.x, but unfortunately you don't have a choice :(

Regards,

Steve

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Steve,

I appreciate your reply and thanks for the information provided.

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Steve,

, I rebooted the server. That got rid of the hourglass and the new SLPs that I had created showed up. Backups appear to have run correctly last night. So the issue is fixed.