cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7 - How to import old images from UNC path (data domain)

Kwinter
Level 5

We have a data domain, disk storage unit:  DD3

The images from the old NetBackup Enviroment:   \\DD3\backup\nbu

Our new environment is located on the same device:     \\DD3\backup\nbu7

Problem:  I do Phase I,

Import phase 1 started 10/21/11 11:27:54

11:28:24 INF - Found existing image information for client hciperforce01, policy 01t_File_Backups_PerForce_Monthly_Full, and schedule Annual_Full, done on 01/08/2011 02:13:34.
11:28:24 WRN - Cannot import client hciperforce01, policy 01t_File_Backups_PerForce_Monthly_Full, and schedule Annual_Full, copy 1 fragment TIR 1 already exists. Skipping this fragment.
11:28:24 WRN - Cannot import client hciperforce01, policy 01t_File_Backups_PerForce_Monthly_Full, and schedule Annual_Full, copy 1 fragment 1 already exists. Skipping this fragment.
11:28:24 WRN - Cannot import client hciperforce01, policy 01t_File_Backups_PerForce_Monthly_Full, and schedule Annual_Full, copy 1 fragment 2 already exists. Skipping this fragment.
11:28:24 WRN - Cannot import client hciperforce01, policy 01t_File_Backups_PerForce_Monthly_Full, and schedule Annual_Full, copy 1 fragment 3 already exists. Skipping this fragment.
11:28:24 WRN - Cannot import client hciperforce01, policy 01t_File_Backups_PerForce_Monthly_Full, and schedule Annual_Full, copy 1 fragment 4 already exists. Skipping this fragment.
11:28:24 WRN - Cannot import client hciperforce01, policy 01t_File_Backups_PerForce_Monthly_Full, and schedule Annual_Full, copy 1 fragment 5 already exists. Skipping this fragment.

But nothing is really imported.

Not sure what is happening.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

The images are already in the catalog so cannot be imported - but presumably in a path that doesnt exist

What it looks like you need to do is expire this copy from the catalog using a command line as you need to add the -force on the end to clean up the catalog whilst not being able to delete the images as they no longer exist

Once they have all been expired copy 1 will no longer exists and you will be able to import them

Search the catalog using a suitabel date range guided against that disk path to build up a list

bpexpdate -backupid <backup id with server/unix format> -d 0 -copy 1 -force

Do be careful though - i am basing this on what you have said so be sure you are happy with this method before proceeding

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kwinter
Level 5

by the way:

Top of the import Log:

Import phase 1 started 10/21/11 11:13:15
11:13:16 INF - Create DB information for path \\hciddmn03\backup\nbu.
11:13:16 INF - Initiation of bpdm process to phase 1 import path \\hciddmn03\backup\nbu was successful.

Bottom of the import log:

11:14:15 INF - Creation of database information for import of path \\hciddmn03\backup\nbu complete.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

The images are already in the catalog so cannot be imported - but presumably in a path that doesnt exist

What it looks like you need to do is expire this copy from the catalog using a command line as you need to add the -force on the end to clean up the catalog whilst not being able to delete the images as they no longer exist

Once they have all been expired copy 1 will no longer exists and you will be able to import them

Search the catalog using a suitabel date range guided against that disk path to build up a list

bpexpdate -backupid <backup id with server/unix format> -d 0 -copy 1 -force

Do be careful though - i am basing this on what you have said so be sure you are happy with this method before proceeding

Kwinter
Level 5

it's working now,

it's importing phase 2 properly.  I had to go back in time to 2008 then it worked; but I was going back long enough, but it's working.

Thanks you