cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Upgrade question

Bluesea
Level 3

Hi

I have a Netbackup 4.5 FP_3/5GA for NDMP backup installation on Win2k w/ P3000 ATL. I am planning to upgrade to 5.1MPX and 6.5 on Win2k3 w/ PX720. Does anybody have any documentation for these two steps upgrade, appreciate your help.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

To upgrade 5.1MPX to 6.5 try this http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290141.htm

Netbackup 4.5 Installation: dlc.sun.com/pdf/875-3216-10/875-3216-10.pdf 

Bluesea
Level 3
Thanks, how about 4.5 to 5.1?

Bluesea
Level 3
How do you check exactly what patch level you have for veritas 4.5? The installation shows 4.5FP3 but I remember applying FP5 even though I couldn't find binary for FP5. There is a file called version.txt under ?:\VERITAS\NetBackup which says: VERSION NetBackup 4.5FP_3GA, BUILDNUMBER 2775
‎‎
Any idea?

Stumpr2
Level 6
check the patch history file

Bluesea
Level 3
thanks, where is it, path? i searched for history there is nothing. I know we had one in 3.x versions

Stumpr2
Level 6
/usr/openv/patch

Bluesea
Level 3
i am working on windows and i don't see any directory under d:\veritas\ called "patch"

Stumpr2
Level 6

someone removed it. That happens sometimes when someone who doesn't know any better is looking for extra room on the disk drive :)

If you are working on windows then simply check the registry

Message Edited by Stumpr on 01-19-2009 07:53 PM

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

The Windows registry also contains NetBackup version information.

The following registry key will provide the base version of the product installed:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion

Maintenance Pack information (if installed) can also be found in the following Windows Registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Patches

The value of PatchLevel within this key will be the maintenance pack installed. For example, a PatchLevel value of 2.0000 is interpreted as MP2.

Bluesea
Level 3

Thansk Kartik

I don't have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Patches key. But I have the following info under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion

MinorVersion        1

PackageVersion    4.5.0.2775

PatchLevel          5

VERSION             4.5FP_3GA

What can you tell from here?

Thanks

Stumpr2
Level 6

It apears that you have an initial installation of NetBackup 4.5 FP3 with no updates.

That explains why there is no patch folder or history logfile.

Message Edited by Stumpr on 01-20-2009 01:19 PM