Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup issue registering SQL Server Instance

Neumie
Level 2

I am getting the following error:

Erring validating credentials.

Status code: 61 Credential validation could not be performed due to an internal error. Error Code: %1 Error Message: %2

Click 'Yes' to save the changes anyway, or click 'No' to edit the changes

Anyone know what could be causing this error, I couldn't find anything on the Veritas site or through a Google search.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Neumie
Level 2

I just dove into this a little deeper and it appears that the DBA who configured this machine forgot to add our SQL Server Domain User to the sysadmin role.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

could you provide more details about it

about the SQL version, netbackup version...?

and how you are trying to register ? may be with Screen shot

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are you trying to configure SQL intelligent policy with NBU 7.7.x? Can you confirm that normal filesystem backups are working for this client, that Windows Firewall is disabled on the client, that port connectivity and forward and reverse name lookup between master and client is working fine? When all of the above is working fine, work with the SQL dba to provide correct credentials for SQL on the client.

Neumie
Level 2

I am using SQL Server 2014 SP1 (12.0.4100.1) using NetBackup version 7.7.1.  I am trying to register it using SQL Server Intelligent Policy.

RegisterServer.PNG

When I click OK, I get the following error:

Error 61.PNG

I have followed the same steps on other systems and it works without issue.

Neumie
Level 2

I just dove into this a little deeper and it appears that the DBA who configured this machine forgot to add our SQL Server Domain User to the sysadmin role.