cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5.3 Java Console Client list hangs and Find function doesn't work

cagadp
Level 2

I just upgraded my Windows NBU Admin Java console from 6.5.1 to 6.5.3.   Most functions are working correctly, however, when I try to bring up the Clients under Host Properties, I only get an hour glass and nothing ever populates. I know that in previous versions, changing the FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=0 would fix this problem, but in this version, it is not working.   

Also, when I do a simple find (ctl^F)  within the Activity Monitor, I use the 'contains' option and type in the client name I'm looking for, and choose the 'find all' button, it locks up the console and I have to close it down and restart it to get it to work again. If I click Find Next rather than Find All, it picks a random line item that doesn't have any of the find criteria I specified.

Has anyone encountered these problems, and if so, are there any solutions?   

Master and Media servers are all on 6.5.3.  

This Java console is installed on Windows XP pro, SP3.

6 REPLIES 6

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
I think we have a bug it happen to me too following the steps you listed, have you open a case with Symantec?

Nova
Level 4

I had the same problem with 6.5.2a, so the same fix described below may apply to you too.

See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293857.htm 

Below is what fixed it for me.

Master Server

Disable FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP in /usr/openv/java/nbj.conf )

Windows Desktop

Open <install root>\Java\setconf.bat with a text editor.

Change the following parameters to the values shown below, which allocates proper memory resources as well as stopping the IP address lookups.

SET INITIAL_MEMORY=64M
SET MAX_MEMORY=512M
SET FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=0

Restart your Java Console.

cagadp
Level 2

Unfortunately, this does not seem to be working in 6.5.3.   :(

Looks like I will be opening a case with tech support.        

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Add or edit the following lines in your setconf.bat

SET FORCE_RESET=1
SET INITIAL_MEMORY=128M
SET MAX_MEMORY=256M
SET MEM_USE_WARNING=80
SET NBJAVA_CONNECT_OPTION=1
SET NBJAVA_CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW=0 0
SET FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=0
SET USE_NBJAUTH_WITH_ENHAUTH=0
SET BPJAVA_PORT=13722
SET VNETD_PORT=13724
SET NBJAVA_CORBA_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT=60
SET NBJAVA_CORBA_LONG_TIMEOUT=1800

This should resolve your problem.

Trevor_Jackson1
Level 4
Partner
Hi

I am getting something similar after upgrading to 6.5.3, the jnbSA console at the Linux RedHat2.6 client does not login. It complains about unable to Java client and then fails.

The client loads up the logon interface and i'm able to connect to another client of the same OS just fine.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct log files to look at to figure this out please?

Thanks

Trevor 

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
I was told the find has some problems that are know and should be fixed in the next version.
I did report the find all issue.  I use the windows console verson and the find all move to top does not work.