cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.0 Scheduled Policies Not Running

adoggett
Level 2
I have recently upgraded to Netbackup 7.0 from 6.5.5.  I have restored my Catalog without any issues, except that it didn't pull any of my vault information down with it.  I have manually created the Vaults they are running just fine (if I start them manually).  Last night none of my backups ran as expected.  They have a backup window from 6pm - 4am and generally backups kick off automatically and my duplications are running in the morning when I come in after everything backs up.  This morning I had nothing run from last night,  I have checked my policies and all of the policies are there and all of them have their normal scheduled backup window.  I have verified that all of my services are running as expected and they are.  If I do a manual backup of any of the policies they run just fine but don't seem to automatically run as expected.

This is currently running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.

Is there something I missing?  We have upgraded in the past without issue but now the scheduled backups and vaults don't seem to kick off by themselves.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA

adoggett 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Checked that scheduler is running (nbpemreq -subsystems screen 23) or is expecting jobs to be run? (nbpemreq -predict or -due etc)

You may find that manually running a job has given the scheduler the proverbial kick & may run ok once again (or at least for that job)

It may be worth changing the window of a schedule such that it opens while you are there for testing purposes. After any changes run nbpemreq -updatepolicies to register the changes quicker.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Checked that scheduler is running (nbpemreq -subsystems screen 23) or is expecting jobs to be run? (nbpemreq -predict or -due etc)

You may find that manually running a job has given the scheduler the proverbial kick & may run ok once again (or at least for that job)

It may be worth changing the window of a schedule such that it opens while you are there for testing purposes. After any changes run nbpemreq -updatepolicies to register the changes quicker.

adoggett
Level 2
Found my solution.  After I did the Catalog restore I didn't reboot the machine or start/stop services.  As soon as I stopped/started services my Catalog backup kicked off.  I changed a policy to run at 10am and it kicked off automatically as well.  Should have been my first troubleshooting step but of course I didn't think of the easy things first.

Everything appears to be running as normal.

Thanks for the response.