Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.0 Upgrade Question

Philip_Brown_2
Level 4

In reference to the below document.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77447 

I would like to know where as it doesn't matter if the OS is 64 bit or 32 bit when you restore from hot catalog backup as long as it is the same netback 6.5.4 but does that also apply to netbackup 6.5.4 32bit to netbackup 6.5.4 64 bit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Dont understand your question. The note states "The version of Windows on the old and new master servers does not matter, nor does the bit count, provided they are both supported by NetBackup.  Thus a 32 bit Windows 2003 master server can be replaced by a 64 bit Windows 2008 master server provided both are running NetBackup 6.5.4."

NetBackup as such doesn't have a bit value, we do offcourse install the bit version that matches the O/S bit, so only 32bit installation will go on a 32bit O/S and same for 64bit.

Is that clear, or am I missing your point?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Dont understand your question. The note states "The version of Windows on the old and new master servers does not matter, nor does the bit count, provided they are both supported by NetBackup.  Thus a 32 bit Windows 2003 master server can be replaced by a 64 bit Windows 2008 master server provided both are running NetBackup 6.5.4."

NetBackup as such doesn't have a bit value, we do offcourse install the bit version that matches the O/S bit, so only 32bit installation will go on a 32bit O/S and same for 64bit.

Is that clear, or am I missing your point?

Philip_Brown_2
Level 4

Clear and thanks for the response