cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.0 licensing

Rajesh_KU
Level 2

we are about to purchase netbackup 7.0 for our backup solution. we have oracle apps, oracle db, exchange 2010 mailbox, dc win 2008r2, citrix, sql server to be backed up.
please let me know the licesning required for these servers. if symantec provides the licensing on the basis of total data (not per server / agent) please let me know that option as well.
our total data size would be 2TB

4 REPLIES 4

Ed_Wilts
Level 6
The license requirements for NetBackup are fairly complex - too complex for a forum discussion.

You can license by TB or you can license by client.  You have 2-tier and 3-tier architectures.  You have enterprise clients and standard clients.  You have tiering for the enterprise clients.  You have disk and tape backup targets.  You have duplication.  There are mutiple ways to configure things.  You may even find that NetBackup is not the right choice for you and that BackupExec might be better depending on what you're doing now and how you're anticipating to grow.

nhej-
Level 5
Employee
Maybe its better if you contact sales department at 1-800-745-6054 option 3 so they can verify what license you need to purchase.

ROFPR
Level 4

As Ed mentioned a reseller will do all the work for you to figure out what you need for your environment. There is a plethora of options that depend on your infrastructure. SAN, virtual machines and many other variables will come into play when determining your optimal solution.

Rajesh_KU
Level 2
thanks for the valuable suggestion, i have already received proposal from resellers and they have given us netbackup 7.0. when i comapred the license pricing per client basis it is expensive whereas data sizing based price is lesser. i just wanted to know whether the backup will not work at all if data size exceeds that limit. we have exchange 2010 , oracle database, win 2008 dc, citrix server and sql server to be backed up. just before finalising with the resellers i thought to have right info regarding the same.