cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.7 bprestore last catalog

MSDI
Level 4

Hi,

Let say I do a full backup that backups the files "A", "B" and "C". Let's call this "Catalog 1"

On the server file "D" get added. So on the next incremental backup the "D" file is backed up. Let's call this "Catalog 2"

Is there a way to restore only the files from "Catalog 2" (IE The last Incremental backup) using bprestore ? I tried with the -s parameter and the date, but it seems like it does a "Point in time recovery and restore "A", "B", "C" and "D" files... I want only "D"

Using the GUI, it's very easy, I can choose the catalog and click restore...

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try specifying the excat start and end time of D (aka Catalgo 2)  using the -s and -e option.

If you don't speify a end time, current time is assumed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSDI
Level 4

And by the way, I know I can specify that I want to restore only "D" file by specifying the files list, but it defeats the purpose, I don't know the list of files, and there are thousands of them...

Thanks

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try specifying the excat start and end time of D (aka Catalgo 2)  using the -s and -e option.

If you don't speify a end time, current time is assumed.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If Full and Incr backup was done on the same day, then specifying -d mm/dd/yyyy will restore everything backed up that day. Add hh:mm to specify start time of Incr backup. If you have bplist log folder enabled, you will see that even the GUI uses the timestamp to narrow down the search.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
You have to specify the same single full date and full time on both the start time switch and also the full date and full time on the end time switch of the bprestore command - this will restrict the restore to selecting from only the one single backup image.