Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Appliance with vmware Error 23

h-mazeh
Level 3
Partner Certified
Hi all.

Recently i implement an appliance.
I dont have any SAN connectivity, also I use the appliance as backup host.
Once I start any backup from any of my both vcenter, snapshot is taken but when backup starts it has below errors.
Did anybody face this before?

Jul 23, 2020 4:56:07 PM - Error bpbrm (pid=226002) from client Vcenter-DC: ERR - Error opening the snapshot disks using given transport mode: nbd Status 23

Jul 23, 2020 4:56:08 PM - Critical bpbrm (pid=226002) from client Vcenter-DC: FTL - cleanup() failed, status 6

Jul 23, 2020 4:56:10 PM - Error bptm (pid=226026) media manager terminated by parent process

Jul 23, 2020 4:56:14 PM - Info bkpapphq (pid=226026) StorageServer=PureDisk:bkpapphq; Report=PDDO Stats (multi-threaded stream used) for (bkpapphq): scanned: 3 KB, CR sent: 0 KB, CR sent over FC: 0 KB, dedup: 100.0%, cache disabled, where dedup space saving:100.0%, compression space saving:0.0%

Jul 23, 2020 4:56:15 PM - Critical bpbrm (pid=226002) unexpected termination of client Vcenter-DC

Jul 23, 2020 4:56:16 PM - Info bpbkar (pid=0) done. status: 6: the backup failed to back up the requested files

Jul 23, 2020 4:56:16 PM - end writing; write time: 0:00:26

User backup failed (6)
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hi,

You may want to check all what is network.

the connection from your appliance (backup host) to the ESXs > telnet on port 902 with both (ip address and name) if the telnet with address ip is success and with name fails, then you may want to check your dns or just add the entry in hosts file).

one more thing, try to browse on your VM from the VMware policy, if you are able to do it then the communication between your master and the vmware side is Ok through 433 if its not, you may want to check that as well.

If you did all this and still have a problem, enable vxms logs on your appliance and launch a new backup test then share the logs.

Good luck. 

View solution in original post

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

as @Hamza_H Menctioned, checing the network connectivty between the backup and and ESXi host over the port 902 is the starting place.

you can do that with simple telnet command like "telnet exsihostname 902

h-mazeh
Level 3
Partner Certified

Thanks all.

I could resolve the issue.

Even all ports were open. I could find the issue at last.

Since the Vcenter is 5.1 and the server is 8.2 it had compatibility issue.

I installed a backup host on the vcenter with version 7.7.3 then backups ran smoothley.

3 REPLIES 3

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hi,

You may want to check all what is network.

the connection from your appliance (backup host) to the ESXs > telnet on port 902 with both (ip address and name) if the telnet with address ip is success and with name fails, then you may want to check your dns or just add the entry in hosts file).

one more thing, try to browse on your VM from the VMware policy, if you are able to do it then the communication between your master and the vmware side is Ok through 433 if its not, you may want to check that as well.

If you did all this and still have a problem, enable vxms logs on your appliance and launch a new backup test then share the logs.

Good luck. 

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

as @Hamza_H Menctioned, checing the network connectivty between the backup and and ESXi host over the port 902 is the starting place.

you can do that with simple telnet command like "telnet exsihostname 902

h-mazeh
Level 3
Partner Certified

Thanks all.

I could resolve the issue.

Even all ports were open. I could find the issue at last.

Since the Vcenter is 5.1 and the server is 8.2 it had compatibility issue.

I installed a backup host on the vcenter with version 7.7.3 then backups ran smoothley.