Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Cluster

muhammd_kamran
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys!!!!

I need ur help please suggest me some good info.

In one of my financial customer they have required netbackup solution. In this I would disscus the articechture level help:

They have netbackup terabyte licensed and they have 3 sites. They have two production site primary and secondary site and the only one  DR site. In Production sites the connectivity b/w the site through to dark fiber. The customer told us they want one master and media servers at primary site and one master and one media server at secondary site but in this scenerio how to cluster primary master and the secondary master server. Because they dont want campus cluster b/w the two sites. Which scenario guys I need to suggest the customer?

Need ur urgent suggestions.!!

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You could also go down the de-dupe route and use AIR between the sites - that way there is no need to cluster Master if it is just data restoration that is the concern.

So if they want a Master to failover if a site goes down and to then continue running backups then follow Mariannes advice but if they want it just so that it is immediately ready to do restores the AIR would do a nice job for you - they would need the de-dupe license to go with it though

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have a look at two Symantec SF/HA installations with GCO (Global Cluster Option).

With this configuration, each site is configured as local cluster (one 2-node cluster at Prod and another one-node cluster at DR) with global failover between them.

See this White Paper written by product manager Alex Davies:

http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/white_papers/b-whitepaper_implementing_highly_available_dr_with_veritas_netbackup_01_08_13599373.pdf 

See section 5.2: NETBACKUP MASTER SERVER GLOBAL CLUSTER CONFIGURATION

PS: For some or reason the link is not working although I did a copy & paste from the address bar...

I have uploaded the White Paper here.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You could also go down the de-dupe route and use AIR between the sites - that way there is no need to cluster Master if it is just data restoration that is the concern.

So if they want a Master to failover if a site goes down and to then continue running backups then follow Mariannes advice but if they want it just so that it is immediately ready to do restores the AIR would do a nice job for you - they would need the de-dupe license to go with it though

Hope this helps

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

"For some or reason the link is not working"

- a space at the end of the URL.....