Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding Installation of Netbackup7.5

wmujawar
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We are installing netbackup 7.5. I have downloaded the software from fileconnect.symantec.com.

I have 2 zip files. As per the documentation , i have to combine the two files before i can unzip them.

When i run the following command   copy /b "NetBackup_7.5_Win_zip.1of2"+"NetBackup_7.5_Win_zip.2of2" "NetBackup_7.5_Win.zip" i get the following error         system cannot find the file specified.

Please assist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please show us output of 'dir' as I have suggested earlier (see my post below).

Please also confirm that you have opened cmd with right-click, Run as Administrator.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

from where the 2 zip files are actually located?

Or there's no 'typos' in the names you are supplying to the command compared to what's been saved?

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Make sure you are in the same directory that those 2 files are located in before running the command.

The copy command says they are not in the directory!!!

Marianne
Level 6

In addition to above excellent posts, first run 'dir' in the cmd window.

Ensure filenames match exactly what you are typing.
I prefer to copy & paste filenames from 'dir' output when doing this to prevent typo errors.

wmujawar
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Kindly find the screenshot of the command i am typing and the error which i get.

Please let me know where am i making this mistake.

The details where the files are stored are shown in the background.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You're not in the right location - files are in a "netbackup download" location & you're in "Users\Administrator" when you run the command

Marianne
Level 6

Your Download appears to be in "C:\new folder\netbackup download"

Type this first in the cmd window:

cd "C:\new folder\netbackup download"
check that the new prompt reflects the correct folder name (NOT C:\Users\Administrator >)

then type 'dir' to verify files are there.

One more thing - if UAC in W2008 is NOT disabled, always remember to open cmd with right-click, Run As Administrator,

wmujawar
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Kindly chk the attached screen shot. I am getting the same error.

Marianne
Level 6

Please show us output of 'dir' as I have suggested earlier (see my post below).

Please also confirm that you have opened cmd with right-click, Run as Administrator.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You are now in a different directory to earlier and the first file is showing as a compressed zip file - make sure you show the extentions in explorer and also that you do have the correct files - cd to the folder you showed us initially and then run the command (I didnt think either download has an extension)

wmujawar
Level 4
Partner Accredited

thanks