cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Logs on OpenVMS

mane
Level 3

Hello,

I would like to generate specific logs (bpbkar, bpcd) on a OpenVMS clients. I created a directory under the logs directory, but it stayed empty.

Can anyone give me a hint ?

Thank you,

mane 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Looks like you only needs LOGS.

Extract from the Admin Guide: (downloaded from ftp://ftp.emea.veritas.com/pub/support/Products/NetBackup_OpenVMS/ )

Information is logged to a single daily log file, which clearly shows the order of events. For example, the log file details of a backup or restore are immediately followed by the associated status message from the server. Each line in the log file is stamped with the process id and current time, thereby showing the elapsed time between events.

The log file directory is required and must exist
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[OPENV.NETBACKUP.LOGS]

If this directory does not exist on your system, create it with the following command
$ CREATE/DIRECTORY SYS$SYSDEVICE:[OPENV.NETBACKUP.LOGS]
Log files are created once per day and have names of the form
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[OPENV.NETBACKUP.LOGS]LOG.YYYYMMDD

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Looks like you only needs LOGS.

Extract from the Admin Guide: (downloaded from ftp://ftp.emea.veritas.com/pub/support/Products/NetBackup_OpenVMS/ )

Information is logged to a single daily log file, which clearly shows the order of events. For example, the log file details of a backup or restore are immediately followed by the associated status message from the server. Each line in the log file is stamped with the process id and current time, thereby showing the elapsed time between events.

The log file directory is required and must exist
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[OPENV.NETBACKUP.LOGS]

If this directory does not exist on your system, create it with the following command
$ CREATE/DIRECTORY SYS$SYSDEVICE:[OPENV.NETBACKUP.LOGS]
Log files are created once per day and have names of the form
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[OPENV.NETBACKUP.LOGS]LOG.YYYYMMDD