cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Expire the Tape

john10
Level 6

Hi All,

We are running NBU 7.0 on W2k8 Box. And i had some set of Tapes that needs to expire Manually and need to reuse for Backup, but the i'm facing the below issue and if i see the bpxpdate file in install path its with "0"kb. does the file is corrupted? if its corrupted can i copy some other W2k8 box "bpexpdate" file and can replace ? does it works with out creating any problem to my setup? please suggest me on this.

FYI

expdate.png

:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpexpdate.exe -m a00030
Access is denied.

:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

watsons
Level 6

You can copy from other Windows box as long as they have the same Netbackup version + patch, so if the orig box has 7.0 (without any patch), you need to get the same 7.0 (base product, no patch), also make sure the same instruction set (x86 or x64).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

watsons
Level 6

You can copy from other Windows box as long as they have the same Netbackup version + patch, so if the orig box has 7.0 (without any patch), you need to get the same 7.0 (base product, no patch), also make sure the same instruction set (x86 or x64).

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree. You can copy bpexpdate from another server.
Even a Windows Admin Console can be used to copy from.

If this was my installation, I would be worried about the health of this environment. 

You had to reinstall NBU just a couple of days ago:  Master server services are Down 
Why would one specific binary be corrupt just a couple of days after reinstall?

Schedule upgrade and migrate to new server sooner rather than later...

Is this related to your other unresolved forum post? Not Able to Expire the Tapes 

(Please try to always close off unresolved forum posts by marking a Solution - even if you mark your own post as solution if you feel that you have solved your own problem.)

john10
Level 6

Hi Marianne/watsons,

Thanks

Now the issue with different NBU Master, and previuosly i reinstalled NBU in another server,

ok in thhis case i will follow "watsons" post and do the changes.

sure i will close the posts.

and what could be the reason for this issue for corrupt of bpxpdate file ? any ideas?

john10
Level 6

Sorry Guys,

Small correction, NBU version on server is 7.5.0.6, and i dont have same patch on different servers, some are running on 7.0 & 7.5. so now can i use 7.5 file wiith same OS ? does it works ? Please suggest me .

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Try the 7.5 one. Unless a new binary was issued in a later patch, chances are that it will work. It will not 'break' anything.

I would personally install 7.5 Windows Admin Console on my laptop or a desktop, then patch it to 7.5.0.6, then copy the binary.