Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to push cient from netbackup master server

RajkumarBaniwal
Level 4
Certified

Hi All,

I am unable to push client software from my netbackup master server on any new client or any existing client.. While I am able to ssh to same client. getting below error.

Client 172.16.250.126 was not found in the configuration database.
The client files were not installed on 172.16.250.126.

Netbackup Master server : Solaris 10 netbackup v 7.1.0.3

While through rsh(JAVA console GUI), I am able to push.

please help.

Regards,
Rajkumar Baniwal
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This host is new host so i think clear_host_cache will not work. 

The master server only refreshes host cache every hour. If you have made any changes in policy hostname or /etc/hosts, you need to wait an hour before you try anything or refresh host cache. What have you got to loose?

Please show us the policy. Run this command on the master server:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppllist <policy-name> -U

as well as the command that you use for push-install now that the client name is in the policy.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Deadstar
Level 3

HI,

you need to extract all the cleint binary on the master server and also check the connectivity with the lcient.

Marianne
Level 6

Why are you using IP addresses?

Please start out correctly - if you don't have DNS, add /etc/hosts entries for each other on server and client.

After doing so, change Client name in policy to the client hostname.

Before trying to push software, refresh host cache on the master to ensure hostname lookup works for newly added client name in policy:

bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache

'Client 172.16.250.126 was not found in the configuration database' means that NBU could not find the IP address as a Client name in a policy.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

agreed with Marianne

"'Client 172.16.250.126 was not found in the configuration database' means that NBU could not find the IP address as a Client name in a policy."

RajkumarBaniwal
Level 4
Certified

@Deadstar: can you plaese elaborate the steps.

Marraine@ Thank marriane,

Tried through Hostname also but still same error receiving, Also tried through adding client name in one policy and hosts entry but still facing same issue. This host is new host so i think clear_host_cache will not work. 

Regards,
Rajkumar Baniwal

Marianne
Level 6

This host is new host so i think clear_host_cache will not work. 

The master server only refreshes host cache every hour. If you have made any changes in policy hostname or /etc/hosts, you need to wait an hour before you try anything or refresh host cache. What have you got to loose?

Please show us the policy. Run this command on the master server:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppllist <policy-name> -U

as well as the command that you use for push-install now that the client name is in the policy.

RajkumarBaniwal
Level 4
Certified

Thanks Marriane !! A miracle lady !!

Now its working fine after using clear_host _cache.

Regards,
Rajkumar Baniwal