cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh my catalog!

ifconfig
Level 3

I'm running NBU 6.5.4 on a Windows 2003 box.

I came back from vacation to find there was a problem with my Exchange backups (the transaction logs weren't getting truncated after a successful full backup). I logged on to the Master Server to check the status of the jobs/policy only to find something strange.

First the backup policy was in a disabled state.

Second, I could no longer see a list of my backups (which have been running for three years, although expiring anything older than 2 months).

So the question is, how do I go about finding out what happened? Are there any logs kept by NBU that would allow me to see what took place? I'm afraid that it's a configuration problem or someone did something out of ignorance or malice to muck with the catalog.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If someone was manually doing 'disk cleanup' not understanding the contents of images folder, there are no logs that will tell you.

If anything was done via NBU commands or console, the actions should be logged in admin log (provided you have one...) Image activities will be logged in bpdbm log. NBU 6.5.x logs 'what' was done, not 'who' has done it...

Your best bet is to ask colleagues and hope for honesty... Getting data back will all depend on what was done and hoping that tapes have not been overwritten.