cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional VxSS libraries not initialized.

enterdv
Level 3

Hi,

Try to set up NBAC on master server, and after bpnbaz.exe -setupmaster command I recieve:

bpnbaz.exe -setupmaster
You will have to restart NetBackup services on this machine after the command co
mpletes successfully.
Do you want to continue(y/n)y
Gathering configuration information.
Generating identity for host 'name.domain.ru'
Setting up basic authorization information. Please be patient.
Unable to contact Netbackup Authorization Service. Check if the Netbackup is pro
perly installed

Environment: Master Server: NetBackup 7.5.0.5, WIndows Server 2008 R2

How can I fix this? Check database with NbDbAdmin, all fine.

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I do remember this error from 6.5 where we had to install the setup seprately for NBAC but in in 7.5 Netbackup authorization and authentication are by default installed. These services get installed and in disabled mode unless you run the conifguration.

Can you please check on master server if these services already exist or not? Also make sure you run the cmd as administrator as it is ws 2008.

This TN is for 6.5.5 but check if this registry exist in here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156829

enterdv
Level 3

Thanks for reply!

Service NetBackup Authorization is present but hung in Starting (not Started). cmd runs as administrator. I don't know what to do.

Check registry, key ReadOnlyServiceMode not exist.  

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

check the processes for nbazd and kill it, once killed make sure it is stopped in services. Restartd the NBU services using bpdown and bpup(make sure you are not running anything in the envrionment). Check if that service is in stopped state, if it does run the command again and try to configure it again.

enterdv
Level 3

After that - the same error:

Unable to contact Netbackup Authorization Service. Check if the Netbackup is pro
perly installed