cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Catalog recovery fails to recover the image db completely.NBU7.5

harry_85
Level 3

Hi.

We are in process of setting up a Netbackup DR environment. Our agenda is to have the partial catalog recovery done on DR for any data restores from the production site.We are having different master server names. We have used ALTPATH from C drive to F drive in production master server.

When partial recovery is started on the DR master server, it recovers the image databases of all C drive's clients data and when trying to recover the ALTPATH client's image db data we get the following error message..

ERR - Failed to find the last backup image record for client CLIENT A, client_type 7, with policy catalog and sched_type 0(227)

Production site. - Master server - NBU 7.5.0.4 installed in C drive on Windows 2008

DR site. - Master server - NBU 7.5.0.4 installed in C drive on windows 2003

Regards,

Hari.

3 REPLIES 3

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Hari,

What do you mean by "partial recovery" and "different master server names" ?

Your DR server needs to have the same name as the server where the catalog backup was taken from.

harry_85
Level 3

Hi, Its the partial catalog recovery that we are trying to do on the DR side.

Actually there are two different info in different documents regarding the master server name.

7.5 High availability guide says master server name should be same on the DR.

7.5 Catalog recovery guide says that master server names can be different.

So before I could go for change of master server name on the DR side, I started the partial catalog recovery with different master server name on the DR where it restored the image database data of certain clients and errored out when trying to recover the image db data of client that is ALTPATH configured on the production.

Regards,

Hari.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

where did you get this recovery guide from? As far as I am aware, doing a DR to another server it should be the same master server name.