cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase 1 and Phase 2 Catalog imports are completed but "Select for restore" Shows No image data in the Backup, Archive & Restore GUI.

TAOlson
Level 2

I recently completed phase 1 and phase 2 imports of some NBU 5.1 LTO-2 ultrium tapes into NBU 7.5. The logs show 55 images successfully imported and I can run reports against them, search them, etc., with no difficulties. Total log file data is about 75,000 pages when converted to pdf. I used the BAR (Backup Archive and Restore) GUI and the Getting Started Guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5146 to try to restore them to no avail. There is no data at all showing in any window to restore. 

My goal is to restore the images I imported onto a 4 TB disk hanging off of the Master Server (not to the original clients, since they no longer exist).

OS is Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1. UAC is set to OFF (thanks, Marianne).

I have noodled it for awhile but am at a dead end and would be grateful for any hints about what direction to take now.

with Regards,

Tim Olson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The following is needed to browse images in BAR GUI:

Source Client name
Policy type 
Date range

To get started, please go to NBU images folder in Windows explorer on NBU master:
<install-path>\veritas\netbackup\db\images

See if client names are listed here as expected.
In Client folder, you should find one or more 10-digit folder. 
Inside these 10-digit folders you will hopefully see files.

Please tell us one or more of these filenames.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The following is needed to browse images in BAR GUI:

Source Client name
Policy type 
Date range

To get started, please go to NBU images folder in Windows explorer on NBU master:
<install-path>\veritas\netbackup\db\images

See if client names are listed here as expected.
In Client folder, you should find one or more 10-digit folder. 
Inside these 10-digit folders you will hopefully see files.

Please tell us one or more of these filenames.

TAOlson
Level 2

My error was trying to use a generic short name for the first client I added instead of the name reported in phases 1 and 2. Once I used the proper name it worked - and all subsequent restores of the properly named clients are working as well. "RTMS".

Thanks again, Marianne. Problem solved.