cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDSM

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, my master server is NBU 7.1 on Windows 2008 R2. I have a unix media server (AIX 6.1, NBU 7.1) and I tried to connect it to a PureDisk storage server (PureDisk 6.6.1). I installed PDDO plugin in the media server and ran pddocfg to establish connections between the media server and the PureDisk storage server. It failed with the following error:

RDSM has encountered an issue with STS where the server was not found: unregisterPureDisk Service

Failed to create storage server, invalid command parameter.

We have some other media servers (AIX 6.1, NBU 7.1). For these servers, I can connect them to the storage server and they do not have any issues. The difference between this media server and other media servers are: this media server is in AIX cluster (active, standby). So we use virtual hostname for this media server and it actually runs on the active node.

Does anyone have any idea to troubleshoot this issue? I did some research but was unable to find solution to this. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The logs can be examined as per my reply on your other thread but as per another thread clustered Media Servers are not actually supported in V7.1.

Even if this is a V6.5 upgraded Media Server (which does work) you will probably need to add its alias's to EMM to get it working as well as ensure its host name and that of its nodes are all resolved correctly

Work through the logging but being unsupported you would struggle getting future support on any issues even if you do get this working so bear that in mind

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The logs can be examined as per my reply on your other thread but as per another thread clustered Media Servers are not actually supported in V7.1.

Even if this is a V6.5 upgraded Media Server (which does work) you will probably need to add its alias's to EMM to get it working as well as ensure its host name and that of its nodes are all resolved correctly

Work through the logging but being unsupported you would struggle getting future support on any issues even if you do get this working so bear that in mind