cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-vaulting issue

ixat
Level 4

Hi guys,

I have a vault job that is supposed to start at 9.00am daily with a total of 5 images from 5 different servers to be duplicated. Vault is configured to duplicate within 1 day ago.

However there was not enough tapes in the library and the vault job exited with failure. I added tapes to the library and re-run the vault job. But only 2 of the 5 images are being duplicated. All 5 images exited with status 0 and within 1 day during backup last night.

A check in preview.list from the intial job at 9.00am shows all 5 images within the preview.list. But the preview.list in the re-run vault job at 10am only showed 2 images.

Anyone can advise on this issue?

Using NBU DC4.5_FP6 on Solaris 9.

4 REPLIES 4

subhojit_pal
Level 4

Hi,

It looks like you ran out of tapes during the duplication of the first 3 images and it has partial(corrupted) images of these 3. So, when you re-ran vault, netbakcup thought you had already duplicated images of the 3 and did not try to repeat them.

You can try to cleanup the corrupted images by running this command.

bpimage -cleanup –clients  <client_name>.

You have 5 clients so, you can not run this parallely for 5 clients..gotta do it one by one.

You can check the bpdbm logs for status of the cleanup.

Thanks,

Subhojit. 

ixat
Level 4

Hi Subhojt, thanks for the advice!

Another question for all, how do I re-run a vault job that has successfully completed duplication? I would like to have 2 copies of the offsite images for this period.

When I do a vltrun <profile> -preview, it shows that vault will not be duplicating any of the images it successfully duplicated earlier. 

Thank you!

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

You can't really run multiple vault jobs to create multiple duplicates.  Typically what you would do is in your vault profile setup you can change the number of copies that vault makes.  Just like under a regular policy you can create multiple copies of a backup ...

ixat
Level 4

Hi Nathan, thanks for your reply.

So in an ad-hoc event where I need a 2nd set of vaulted copies for other project, what would be the  best option for me?

I'm on NBU 4.5DC_FP6 on Solaris 9.

Cheers!