cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery VM to other ESXi server

pruvn
Level 5

Hello experts,

I am using NetBackup 7.0 backup VM with method "VMware Backup hosts". I was backup a machine in pesx11 and restore on pesx11 is ok but when i want  restore to other pesx12, 13, ... is not ok. I want to restore to other pesx, what should i do? Please help me.

Thanks,

pruvn

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are backups successful for pesx12, 13?

You say "restore to other pesx12, 13, ... is not ok" - what exactly is the reason for the failure? (other than status 5 - see Activity Monitor Details as well as 'View Status' tab for info.)

You might want to consider upgrading to 7.0.1  and install EEB on top of 7.0.1 - there were LOTS of VM fixes since 7.0...

See LBN TN's for 7.0 and 7.0.1 (search these LBN's for vmware):

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126330

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139092

pruvn
Level 5

Thank Marianne,

I am using Image backup on pesx11 (successful) restore to pesx12, pesx13, ... But restore is not successful.

Thanks

pruvn

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Please share the details of the failed restores.... Detailed status of the job in the activity monitor.

pruvn
Level 5

Hi Riaan Badenhorst,

I can not select other pesx server,. Job is not run. I do not understand

pruvn,

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Are the other ESX servers managed by the same vcenter? If you click the search button next to ESX Server what do you find? Nothing?

pruvn
Level 5

Hi Riaan Badenhorst,

Thank you for your answer.

Are the other ESX servers managed by the same vcenter? ==> That's right.  If you click the search button next to ESX Server what do you find? Nothing? ==>  Nothing.

==> You are understand my problem.

What should i do?

pruvn
Level 5

Any solution help me?

Please.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Did you add credentials for the other esx servers in NetBackup? It looks like you've added an ESX host instead of a vcenter.

Marianne
Level 6

That is the reason why I asked: "Are backups successful for pesx12, 13?".

Backups will confirm comms/credentials.