cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote installation from Linux Media server to HP-UX client

Deadstar
Level 3

Hi All,

I have Linux media server Redhat 6.3 and i want to do the remote installation to HP-UX B 11.31 client machine.

Can i do it ? If yes, then what will be the procedure.

If not, then please do let me know which Client binary i use to install the client on that HP-UX machine.

The whole enviorment is running on Netbackup 7.5.0.5

Thank you for yor help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Firstly, if you have not done so already, download the Unix Client software from FileConnect:

NetBackup_7.5_CLIENTS_tar-gz.1of3

NetBackup_7.5_CLIENTS_tar-gz.2of3

NetBackup_7.5_CLIENTS_tar-gz.3of3

There will also be a text file telling you how to merge and extract the software.

Start the Client software install script on the master and select all Client versions that you would like to push-install.

After this, you will have to re-install the 7.5.0.5 Client patch to update the newly installed Client binaries.
Run the install script with '-p' to force-install.

You can now use various methods to push-install:
rsh
ssh
ftp
sftp

All of these methods and requirements are explained in NBU Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5154 
See chapter 7: Installing NetBackup client software 
under this topic: 
About remote installation methods for UNIX clients.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Firstly, if you have not done so already, download the Unix Client software from FileConnect:

NetBackup_7.5_CLIENTS_tar-gz.1of3

NetBackup_7.5_CLIENTS_tar-gz.2of3

NetBackup_7.5_CLIENTS_tar-gz.3of3

There will also be a text file telling you how to merge and extract the software.

Start the Client software install script on the master and select all Client versions that you would like to push-install.

After this, you will have to re-install the 7.5.0.5 Client patch to update the newly installed Client binaries.
Run the install script with '-p' to force-install.

You can now use various methods to push-install:
rsh
ssh
ftp
sftp

All of these methods and requirements are explained in NBU Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5154 
See chapter 7: Installing NetBackup client software 
under this topic: 
About remote installation methods for UNIX clients.

Hope this helps!

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

yes you can do this.

make sure you have the  HP-UX B 11.31 binaries avaliable in the mediaa server location /usr/openv/netbackup/clients/

if binaries are not avaliable you can not push the client software

once the binaries are avaliable there you need to use the commnad  f

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/update_clients from the media server to get this done.  this command requries some switches , at this time dont recall, please google it.

another way is just download the netbackup base from file connect and patch from website and copy to the client and run the installer.

Deadstar
Level 3

Appreciate for the reply..

Just nead to confirm...

if i do puch installtion..then the step involded will be below...please confirm..

1. update the host file to confirm the connection with media server to cleint and vice versa.

2. create a policy and put the client name in the policy from java console.

3. i will run commanade from media server /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files sftp <clientname> <rootuserid>

4. The the output will come bp number and i will copy that.

5. then run the below command

ssh –t <rootuserid>@<Client name>‘/opt/misctool/sudo/bin/sudo -u root sh /tmp/bp.NNNN/client_config‘

Correct me if i am going anys step wrong...

Thank you