cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a Trusted Master Server

backup-botw
Level 6

How do I go about removing a trusted master server when the server is no longer online? Can I simply remove the entry from the bp.conf file? I tried to do it via the console, but it errored saying it couldn't contact the server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Sounds like step 1 above is done - so yes, carry on with steps 2, 3, and 4 - if you are not sure of exact syntax for specific tasks (same as me) then research the nbemmcmd in the commands reference manual?

Also might be worth google-ing your proposed syntax to see if anyone else hit snags before / during / after using the same syntax.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sdo

Do:

> nbemmcmd -listhosts

...and you should see a 'remote_master' entry and possibly also one or more 'replication_host' entries for the storage servers which used to be replication targets of the previously trusted remote master.

If you see such entries, then I guess you'll want to remove those too - using the nbemmcmd - but before that, did they once replicate between each other - as you may have to remove the remote remote reploication target from the local site storage server definitions first.

So, in order:

1) dis-associate local storage servers / MSDP configs from replication targets.

2) nbemmcnd to delete the 'replication_host' entries - if they still exist after step 1 above

3) nbemmcmd to delete the 'remote_master' entry

4) remove any server entries for the old remote master, master/media, and/or media servers

backup-botw
Level 6

Ok I do see some hosts in here that I need to remove. I have already remove the replication targets from the console, but it looks like they still remain in the -listhosts list. Do I remove the unwanted hosts via the -deletehost option?

sdo

Sounds like step 1 above is done - so yes, carry on with steps 2, 3, and 4 - if you are not sure of exact syntax for specific tasks (same as me) then research the nbemmcmd in the commands reference manual?

Also might be worth google-ing your proposed syntax to see if anyone else hit snags before / during / after using the same syntax.