cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming Tape Drive

Merras23
Level 2
I had a LTO2 drive fail in our robot the other day, the drive was replaced and after removing and adding the new drive to the fibrebride I did a "configure storage devices" in Netbackup. All the hosts have picked up the new drive but for some reason the Master server and another media server see the tape drive by its default name of "HPUltrium2-SCSI4" whne I try to configure the device and change its name to "PX720-DRIVE4" I get the following error

Device configuration failed on host "servername" with the following error:
Drive name is already in use by another drive(34).

The 6 other media servers see the drive by the "PX720-DRIVE4" name, how can I get the master and 1 other media server to see it that way?

Cheers
Merras23 
2 REPLIES 2

Colin_North
Level 6
You need to remove the old drive first from NBU, you can use vmglob -listall -b to see what current devices you have configured. You can also delete via the GUI, and there's also tpconfig. Use help for the relevant flags or see the "commands" manual for the NBU version you are using.

Configure storage devices wizard is the right place to go when adding a new one - just make sure the new drive serial number is visible against your drive name after adding.

Merras23
Level 2
Thanks for your reply. before I left theo office last night I tried a tpautoconf -replace_drive and it did the trick.
Thanks again.