cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart replication

Gstrouth
Level 3

We have replication jobs that go to an offsite location using AIR. Sometimes if we are doing maintenance and the 2 servers can't communicate the replication job will fail on the source server. I'm wondering what is the process to restart that replication? We've also had the it before where the replication job goes fine but the import job on the target will fail and wondering how to restart that as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

watsons
Level 6

The replication is handled by SLP, a failed SLP operation will keep on retrying unless you manually cancel it.

I am assuming your replication job has succeed in the source server, and import job has appeared in target server but failed to process during the maintenance. Did you see the import job running again when the target server comes back?

Run a "nbstlutil pendimplist -U" to see if there is any pending import image?

For failed imports, by default it will retry every 5 minutes - you can change it by IMPORT_SESSION_TIMER in LIFECYCLER_PARAMETERS touch file. After it retries and fails for 3 times, it will wait for another 6 hours to retry later.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

watsons
Level 6

The replication is handled by SLP, a failed SLP operation will keep on retrying unless you manually cancel it.

I am assuming your replication job has succeed in the source server, and import job has appeared in target server but failed to process during the maintenance. Did you see the import job running again when the target server comes back?

Run a "nbstlutil pendimplist -U" to see if there is any pending import image?

For failed imports, by default it will retry every 5 minutes - you can change it by IMPORT_SESSION_TIMER in LIFECYCLER_PARAMETERS touch file. After it retries and fails for 3 times, it will wait for another 6 hours to retry later.

Gstrouth
Level 3
I just seen the jobs in the failed status. So does it create a new job when it retries?