cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Steps in AIR/TAIR

PBY
Level 4

Hello Everyone :)

In  A.I.R/T.A.I.R is it possible to restore original dataset from Replication target Store ? if yse, please provide the steps.

My Environment:
MasterA: NBU 8.0 with OST 4.0
MasterB: NBU 8.0 with OST 4.0

StoreOnceA: Replication Source Store
StoreOnceB: Replication Target Store

I am able to do A.I.R/T.A.I.R successfully but don't know how to restore the dataset from Target Store (or from MasterB).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So, you want to use MasterB to restore to client1 at siteA?

Please read through my 1st reply again :

The idea is to have clients at SiteB to restore to. 
If client names are different at SiteB, you will perform a redirected restore.

This means that the Destination client in restore setup need to have the client name at siteB.

Restores from siteB back to siteA clients is not really what AIR is meant for, but it can be done.

The clients at siteA need to have SERVER entries for master/media server(s) at siteB. 
All the normal client/server comms requirements need to be confirmed (forward/reverse name lookup, port connectivity, etc)

So, if you want to restore Client1 at SiteA back to the original client, then you need to add a SERVER entry for MasterB on Client1 and ensure forward and reverse name lookup between MasterB and Client1.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Hello, 

The purpose of AIR is to replicate images to ANOTHER domain and restore them in that domain. Is that what you're trying to do?

Marianne
Level 6

You simply restore on MasterB in the same way you would on MasterA.

Restores from siteB back to siteA clients is not really what AIR is meant for, but it can be done.

The clients at siteA need to have SERVER entries for master/media server(s) at siteB. 
All the normal client/server comms requirements need to be confirmed (forward/reverse name lookup, port connectivity, etc)
For client-directed restores initiated by SiteA clients, MasterB will need to made master for these clients.

Hope this helps.

is it fine to restore the dataset in MasterB, but I am not able to find option/steps to restore the dataset in MasterB.

Is there any document for same. can you please share me the document, so that it would help me to perform the restore.

Marianne
Level 6

As per my previous post - the steps are identical to restore on MasterA.

Example: 
On MasterA you perform backup for Client1 - MS-Windows Policy.
This backup is replicated to MasterB and catalog portion imported.

MasterB now has image information for Client1 (same as on MasterA).

On MasterB you will open BAR GUI and ensure MasterB is the Server to use for restore.
Source Client : Client1
Policy Type : MS-Windows
Destination Client : <client-name-at-SiteB>

There is a very short write-up in NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I 

See: 
Table 25-16 Client restores in disaster recovery scenarios

Below this table:
The steps to recover the client are the same as any other client recovery. The actual
steps depend on the client type, the storage type, and whether the recovery is an
alternate client restore.

while restoration I am facing following error:

Jul 13, 2017 4:13:35 AM - begin Restore
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:03 AM - Info bprd (pid=5020) Found (674) files in (1) images for Restore Job ID 89.xxx
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:13 AM - restoring from image client1_1499849501
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:26 AM - requesting resource @aaaaI
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:26 AM - granted resource MediaID=@aaaaI;DiskVolume=PRAD_HPUX_CoE_AIR2;DiskPool=hpux_CoE_seco;Path=PRAD_HPUX_CoE_AIR2;StorageServer=10.x.x.x;MediaServer=MasterB
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:36 AM - Info bprd (pid=5020) Searched (725) files of (674) files for Restore Job ID 89.xxx
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:36 AM - Info bprd (pid=5020) Restoring from copy 1 of image created 07/12/17 02:51:41 from policy HPUX_CoE_AIR
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:41 AM - Error bpbrm (pid=9848) Request from host MasterB (10.x.x.x) to host client1 (10.x.x.x) is not allowed access. Host MasterB (10.x.x.x) is not an authorized server for host client1
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:46 AM - Error bpbrm (pid=9848) bpcd on client1 exited with status 59: access to the client was not allowed
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:50 AM - restored from image client1_1499849501; restore time: 0:00:37
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:50 AM - Info tar32 (pid=0) done. status: 59: access to the client was not allowed
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:55 AM - Error bpbrm (pid=9848) client restore EXIT STATUS 59: access to the client was not allowed
Jul 13, 2017 4:14:55 AM - Warning bprd (pid=5020) Restore must be resumed prior to first image expiration on 7/26/2017 2:51:41 AM
Jul 13, 2017 4:15:00 AM - end Restore; elapsed time 0:01:25
Standard policy restore error (2800)

Marianne
Level 6

So, you want to use MasterB to restore to client1 at siteA?

Please read through my 1st reply again :

This means that the Destination client in restore setup need to have the client name at siteB.

So, if you want to restore Client1 at SiteA back to the original client, then you need to add a SERVER entry for MasterB on Client1 and ensure forward and reverse name lookup between MasterB and Client1.

Marianne
Level 6

@PBY

Any feedback or progress here?

Yes. I tried the way you suggested and it worked.

Thanks a lot @Marianne !!