cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore never stops running

Scott_Chubb
Level 2
Hello,
    I have a restore I am trying to perform a restore on a single file.  This file should only be 600-700MB, however I killed the backup after 1 hour and 65GB supposedly restored.  I thought I had a bad tape, so I recalled the previous days tape, with the same problem.
   I have ran bpimagelist and the images are there, I have also run contents of media to be sure the tape could be read, and it all works.  I have performed a restore from a later date with success, so I am very afraid this is a group of bad tapes.  Does anyone have any idea what to try or look for?
2 REPLIES 2

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Did it say 65GB restored OR 65GB read?
if the file is way down on the tape it could take a while to get to it. It will read all the stuff in front of it before getting to the file.

I have done unix restores where it finished in 20 min's.

I have done windows restores of one file where it took 4 hours to get to that file on tape.  ( in 6.0 I plan on useing check point so I can retore faster).

Stumpr2
Level 6

J.Hinchcliffe wrote:

I have done windows restores of one file where it took 4 hours to get to that file on tape.  ( in 6.0 I plan on useing check point so I can retore faster).

What you want to do is setup a max fragment size on the storage unit definition.

How "Maximum Fragment Size" for a Storage Unit affects backups and restores

Message Edited by Bob Stump on 04-03-200712:25 PM