cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP Destination produces lage amount of traffic back to source after 5.1.1 upgrade.

aRandomVOX
Level 3

Hello,

Recently upgraded 1 of our appliances to 5.1.1 (from 3.3.0.1)

Since then, the 5.1.1 machine (destination) is producing an insane amount of traffic back to the 3.3.0.1 machine (source)

Does anyone have any idea on what might be the cause or have a suggestion to curtail the data from being tansfered?

I have every intention to upgrade the 3.3.0.1 as well however a recent attempt failed which is being investigated by support.

They are also investigating the SLP issue but progress is slow. (along with my SLP transfers ;) 

3 REPLIES 3

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

it is better to proceed with support, especially when 5.1.1 upgrade was the only change in environment. 5.1.1 is quite new, so there is not so much experience between forum members with it.

Regards

M.

bhdrkzltn
Level 4

I believe you're frequently backing up small jobs (archive log or tlog) and replicating the destination MSDP.

Apply the following parameters at destination appliance and restart the MSDP processes.

/usr/openv/pdde/pdag/bin/pdcfg --write=/msdp/data/dp1/pdvol/etc/puredisk/spa.cfg --section=StorageDatabase --option=LastFullMaxImageCount --value=10

/usr/openv/pdde/pdag/bin/pdcfg --write=/msdp/data/dp1/pdvol/etc/puredisk/spa.cfg --section=StorageDatabase --option=LastFullMaxImageCountSmallDO --value=5

Please provide a detailed explanation of the option values(LastFullMaxImageCount,LastFullMaxImageCountSmallDO).