cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Restore

NDHLP
Level 2

I am running SQL 2K on Windows 2K3 and using Netbackup 6.0 MP5.

When I go to do a restore using the Netbackup SQL Agent GUI there are no backup images. When I select the Restore SQL Objects it asks for the host and the client. When I select the host, I get no errors. I select the host\instance it gives me an error. "Error encountered trying to read database images. You may have received this error if you do not have access rights to backup images created for host\instance". I have rights because I can do backups and they say successful in the Activity Monitor and the SQL Server Agent View Status.

My question is when I go to restore a database using the SQL Server Agent there are no backup images, even though the backups are successful. I am selecting the correct time frame or I can do a backup at 11:00 AM and once the backup finishes. I check the Restore Objects and there are no backup images.

Oh yea, when I go to the Backup/Restore window on the Master Server the backups are there. I don't want to use that method, I would like to use the Netbackup SQL Server Agent GUI method.

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem(s)?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

Have you configured the No.RESTRICTIONS under .../veritas/netbackup/db/altnames folder? this will open your client to be able to read the images on the master without restrictions, also try to follow the Netbackup SQL guide for restores, there are some other details to configure before you can perform it.

hope this helps.

regards

NDHLP
Level 2

Thanks Omar for the information.

I didn't find the .../veritas/netbackup/db/altnames folder on the Test Backup Server, (There is no db Folder or altnames Folder), plus I see that we don't have a backup unit attached. The backups go to a Drive Array that the backup server is connected to, so we are not backing up to tape. We are backing up to the Disk Array.  

Question: If I reinstall Netbackup on the Master Server will it install the db\altnames Folder or do I have to uninstall and reinstall Netbackup.

Thank you.