cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Status: Communication with the server has not been initiated or the server status has not been retrieved

bluedemon
Level 4

I install Netbackup 7.6.1 in our new Windows Server 2012 server and configure the backup to initiate oracle RMAN backup in our UNIX server. The RMAN backup fail with the following error:

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch00 channel at 10/11/2015 19:24:56
ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="bk_66_1_892833531", parms=""
ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
   VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
   Server Status:  Communication with the server has not been initiated or the server status has not been retrieved from the server

Attached is the RMAN log error, bprd log from the Windows 2012 server and dbclient log from the Unix Server

Kindly advise what should be done?

26 REPLIES 26

bluedemon
Level 4

Since the Netbackup master server able to resolve seemglv to 192.168.10.254 which is the Oracle server, can I just change the client name from IP to hostname in the policy?

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sure you can try. You'll see which client it actually contacts when the job starts.

bluedemon
Level 4

Unfortunately the backup still failed after change the client name from IP to hostname. The master server manage to contact the correct server since the RMAN script in the Oracle server is executing

I attached the Activity Monitor Detail, BPRD log and DBClient in the RAR files as I keep on encounter problem to attach them separately

RiaanBadenhorst

bpbrm logs please

Marianne
Level 6

This time the policy seems to have the client name in Clients tab:

starting backup job (jobid=1095) for client seemglv,

We see in Activity Monitor that the job fails with network connection timed out (41).

It may work with IP adress used everywhere. As long as seemglv is used in NBU config on master or client, and as long as more than one network host is using the same hostname, you will continue to have issues with Oracle backup.

bluedemon
Level 4

The backup is running for the first time after I disable the Symantec Endpoint Protection in the Master server. It seem the firewall function in the SEP may have something to do with it. The backup is running even though I use IP instead of hostname for the client name in the policy. I going to temporarily disable the SEP

Thanks for all the help and advice

Marianne
Level 6

Thanks for the feedback.

I find it strange that only this backup is affected.
Or is this the only database backup in the environment?