cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server is not licensed for Remote Client Option(2063)

Denda
Level 5

1 - VM Master Server 2008 (new build)

1 - VM Media Server 2008 (new build) (To disk backup)

1 - Physical Media Server 2003 (upgraded from 6.5.4) (To tape backup)

All Netbackup 7.0.1

Everytime I try to backup to tape to the physical media server, I receive the error "Server is not licensed for Remote Client Option(2063)".

If I check the licenses the Remote Client Support (71) is listed as installed and enabled.  However the server is listed as the master server, could that be the problem?  Does the physical media server need to be listed as the server? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Denda
Level 5

Hi All -

All licenses were correct, however I noticed that my physical media server still listed its old 6.5.4 master server as EMM, changed that to the new VM master server and all is well.  Thank you for your posts!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

Does your physical media server is controlled by virtual master server or you media server is also a master server?

If you installed a media server then it should not list as a master server . Please check .

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

May need to apply a license to that that has the "Remote Client Option".

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58427

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This license is required when media server should backup other clients as well. I've seen this errors at SAN Media Servers with Enterprise Client license installed when it tries to back other clients up.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Compare the output of bpminlicense -verbose from your virtual and physical media servers.

Denda
Level 5

Hi All -

All licenses were correct, however I noticed that my physical media server still listed its old 6.5.4 master server as EMM, changed that to the new VM master server and all is well.  Thank you for your posts!

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

If this issue is resolved , please mark the post as solution which helps you to resolve this issue