cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single stream of backup for ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES fails with 13. But with Multistreams it gets success. Why?

Soumyaa
Level 4

Hi,

I had a client of Windows always fails with 13 with No multistreams. However, with multi stream option its getting success. What could be the reason for this?

Here again I can take full backups without multi streams even. Only incrementals are failing. Let me know if you need more info to get me a resolution. Thanks

5/14/2012 4:14:42 AM - connected; connect time: 00:00:01
5/14/2012 4:14:43 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=8048) db_FLISTsend failed: file read failed (13)      
5/14/2012 4:14:46 AM - end writing
file read failed(13)

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please show us your policy details:

bppllist policyname -U

and tell us which stream fails.

Set up the netbackup\logs\bpbkar\ directory on the client and run the backup both ways so that we can see what is happening.

Give us the start and end times of the jobs and attach the log to you post

Thanks

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

with multi stream it might only be running one job at a time so getting the list of files to backup for that one stream might not take long. 

Without you are doing one big stream with all files.  Try uping the timeout for the client read ( in client properties) to give it more time to finish the list before NB thinks the client stopped talking.

watsons
Level 6

Need to look at your backup selection, so we know what are those streams you're backing up.

If only one stream is failing, then we can look deeper into that particular drive/path.

I assume not all incremental streams are failing?

rookie11
   VIP   

please post bpcd n bpbkar logs