I am receiving the above error on our Exchange 2010 policy. This policy has been running under its current configuration for the last two or three months. Right now the Database source is set to "Active copy only", the Preffered server list includes both our DAG servers. The policy is also pointing to the load balanced host name.The only changes that we have made were on the Exchange side by adjusting/moving where the datastores live. I have been researching, but cant seem to track down what would be causing this. Anyone have any idea?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Make sure the Exchange clients are all at 7.1 as there are a couple issues at 7.0/7.0.1 that can cause this.
The job details should have a 'bpbrm' error that would give a better indication on where to look.
I checked both client on the Exchange boxes and both are 7.1. I checked in the job details and am receiving a Status 58: can't connect to client. Not sure where to go with this information though as the client is pingable from the Master\Media server.
Wrobbins - you were right on the money. I tracked this command down in some older documentation and ran it. After running this command I received an error 25 cannot connect to socket. Further falling down the rabbit hole I found another article that lead to me finding the issue in our Microsoft Clustering piece of the environment. I am looking into this piece and will report back what I find. Thanks for everyones help so far.
Resolution on this issue. It turned out that is was an Exchange Clustering issue. Our Active Exchange environment had rolled to our DR box and appended the IP address to it. NetBackup Exchange policy didnt not have this server included so was reason for failing. Thanks to everyone for all there help.
Wrobbins I am giving you the solution since your answer is what ended up pointing me in the right direction.