Did you mean: 

Status code 69 on exchange server after upgrading to 7.0.1

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Master & Media server: Win 2008R2 64Bit. NBU Ver: 7.0.1

Affected Client: Win 2003SP 32Bit. Exchange ver: 2003

Hi All,

Recently i have upgraded NetBackup client version of my above mentioned exchange client from 6.5.6 to 7.0.1. After the upgradation backup is failing with error "invalid filelist specification(69)". I have tested the backup with 7.0 on the same client it is running without any issue.

It's a cluster server and the client list also pointing to the Virtual name of the exchange cluster. File list also configured in the correct way(Since backup is running with 7.0 on the same file list).

I have attached Bpbkar log for your ref. Kindly update some trouble shooting steps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oddy
Level 5
Employee

I assume that your client edc-exc1v1 is the server name that is specified in the Exchange System Manager. 

Status 69 might be a permissions issue, check that the netbackup client service is running in a domain admin account with full control in exchange. It could be that the account was changed back to the local system after the upgrade.

Please increase the verbose level on the client, open the Backup Archive and Restore window and go to File, Netbackup Client Properties, Troubleshooting, change General to 2, Verbose to 5 and Database to 9 and recreate problem. It might shed some more light on the problem in the bpbkar log.

I hope this helps.

Rgds

Oddy 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rizwan84tx
Level 6
Certified

What does the Exchange System Manager shows, does it displays FQDN or NetBios name of the Virtual name? The backup policy must have the same name that is in Exchange System Manager, so that backup/restore API for exchange can read the information stores.

Oddy
Level 5
Employee

I assume that your client edc-exc1v1 is the server name that is specified in the Exchange System Manager. 

Status 69 might be a permissions issue, check that the netbackup client service is running in a domain admin account with full control in exchange. It could be that the account was changed back to the local system after the upgrade.

Please increase the verbose level on the client, open the Backup Archive and Restore window and go to File, Netbackup Client Properties, Troubleshooting, change General to 2, Verbose to 5 and Database to 9 and recreate problem. It might shed some more light on the problem in the bpbkar log.

I hope this helps.

Rgds

Oddy 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Due to the changes in connections (vnetd / pbx etc) you also need the NetBackup Legacy Network Service to be set to use the Admin Account for some Exchange Servers

Set the NetBackup Client Service and NetBackup Legacy Client Service to run as the exchange admin account you used previously for the server

Hope this helps

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Hi All,

Thanks for your above points.

Here my exchange server's NetBackup Client Service is running with Local admin account earlier and after the upgrade also NetBackup Client Service is running with Local admin account. I have upgraded other exchange server's to 7.0.1 which is running with same hardware/OS configuration and NBU client service with "Local admin access" without any issue.Currently my backup is running with 7.0 and NBU client service is configured with "Local admin access"

When i put a patch it's failing.

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Thanks Oddy. I have changed the NetBackup client service to run with Domain Id which is having full access for Exchange databases. NOw it's working fine with out any issues.