cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StorageTek SL500

PorcoDio
Level 4

Hi,

in my enviroment i've two StorageTek SL500 Tape Library but doesn't works because i've an very old firmware.

Someone know the minimal firmware to work fine whit NBU 7.6.0.4

Tahnks

44 REPLIES 44

PorcoDio
Level 4

Hi folks,

i've solved my problem.

The problem was the output when i've printed label.

My "home made" generator works fine but when i've printed was cut a part of label, now explain.

When i create label il six charter and i have other 2 charter, in my label in apex, used for define density of tape, example LT2001 L2 (in bold the apex) is a lto2, when i've printed was cut the number so library make error.

I've printed new label, and now al tape works fine.

Remain 1 issue, one LTO reader doesn't but probably have a not compatible firmware, i will contact oracle.

Thanks for support

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We pretty much figured out that your problem was with 'home made' labels.

Nicholai has pointed you to a site that shows what compatible labels look like over here. He even asked you for a photo of your labels.
I have also asked on 19 Jan about LTO2 labels...
We even explained about special labels for STK robots in your other post about the same issue a year ago...

Thanks for replying with the details, but I think that Nicolai deserves the Solution mark, don't you think?

PorcoDio
Level 4

I know i have bad english, but i think can understand the problem isn't home made label but the print output.

For make new label, i use my home made label sheet whit all value need and works fine.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Home made labels are fine IF they comply with requirements for STK robots. Yours did not.
That is what we were trying to tell you all along. (Last year as well.)

Nicolai has pointed you to a site with pictures of label types that will work and asked you for a photo of yours.

Once you printed new labels as per STK requirements, they worked.

You are probably right - language seems to be problem here. If you understood right from the beginning what we were trying to tell you (STK needs special labels), this discussion would not continue this long. (Although the URL in Nicolai's post did not need any explanation.)

PS:
As a matter of interest - Nicolai and I are not English-speaking either....

PorcoDio
Level 4

Sure nicolai speak an write better than  me