cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange status 227

Doctorski
Level 5

Hi,

We are in a DR situation and have failed over from a media server to a box with a stand-alone Master. HPUX 11.11 6.5.4.

We are seeing strange status 227's entity not found when trying to run backup policies using bpbackup or manual backups through the GUI.

I have one standard policy which is working and the online catalog backup policy is working.

The policy that works is a simple one filesystem include.

It seems any policy with any major content in the include list fails.

I have deleted policies and copied the working policy to a new policy, but still the same thing.

Imports and restores have worked. I have no major need for restores as the data was replicated, but now we are on the new box I need to backup the data there.

I am in the process of raising a call but wanted to get this out there in hopes of a quick pointer !

Output from backup attempt below.

28-Oct-2010 10:11:37 - requesting resource nbumaster-ULTRIUM
28-Oct-2010 10:11:37 - requesting resource nbumaster.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.nbumaster
28-Oct-2010 10:11:37 - requesting resource nbumaster.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.DUFFPOLICY
28-Oct-2010 10:11:38 - granted resource  nbumaster.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.nbumaster
28-Oct-2010 10:11:38 - granted resource  nbumaster.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.DUFFPOLICY
28-Oct-2010 10:11:38 - granted resource  XXXWE2
28-Oct-2010 10:11:38 - granted resource  nbumaster-ULTRIUMA
28-Oct-2010 10:11:38 - granted resource  nbumaster-ULTRIUM
no entity was found (227)

Many thanks - Darren

2 REPLIES 2

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

using incorrect parameters (e.g. bplist). Which obviously isn't the case here.

Strangely looking thru' the KB a lot of 227's are also associated with the catalog backup itself - but yours works so that also isn't the issue!

The only other thing that I came across was if the area holding the image catalog is short of space - is that ok?

Exactly what type of jobs are failing? DB, SQL or other 'agent' backups? Or is it anything but a 'simple' include such as C:\ or similar?

Doctorski
Level 5

Hi Andy,

Thanks for quick response. Space is fine and the env is as simple as you can get !

Single Master, no clients, simple standard backups of unix file systems.

Running out of hair here angry

- Darren