Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System State backup failing with EC 156

RohitNayal
Level 5
Certified

Hi All,

I am facing the issue on my clustered windows client that system state backup on one of the physical node is failing with the below error .

03/26/2015 10:52:49 - begin writing
03/26/2015 10:53:01 - Error bpbrm (pid=57375) from client uslv-pdbx-sq01b-bkp.amgen.com: ERR - Volume resolution error for (System State:\System Files\System Files)
03/26/2015 10:53:01 - Error bptm (pid=57485) system call failed - Connection reset by peer (at child.c.1306)
03/26/2015 10:53:01 - Error bptm (pid=57485) unable to perform read from client socket, connection may have been broken

As per the Technote , I need to run the "w2koption" command on the unresolved volume , my concern is when the drive comes back to online on the anothe node where I already used w2koption for ignore it will it able to backedup .

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH215255

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Not sure what your concern is with running this command, since it is specifically for UNRESOLVED volumes: "ignore_unresolved_volumes". So, when cluster fails over and volumes are now resolved, the option will not be applied to "resolved" volumes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Not sure what your concern is with running this command, since it is specifically for UNRESOLVED volumes: "ignore_unresolved_volumes". So, when cluster fails over and volumes are now resolved, the option will not be applied to "resolved" volumes.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Failing system backup on the inactive node on a windows cluster can be caused by services installed on the shares drives. If that is the case the solution the ExcludedBinaryPaths registry key. For more info see: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2010/06/18/reasons-why-the-error-enumeration-of-the-files...

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue