cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The NetBackup Proxy Service service terminated unexpectedly

ronen
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello all, I have a NetBackup 7.1.0.1 master & 5 media servers backing up to a PDDO device (PureDisk 6.6.1.2) and tapes (with SLP). One of my clients (I am using client side deduplicaion) has failed. In his event viewer I saw the following error: The NetBackup Proxy Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this x time(s). The following technote: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157163 is talking about this problem and provides an EEB but for NetBackup 7.0.1. If this error has occurred on 7.1.0.1, should I ignore it or is it a real problem? Regards, Ron.

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If this is causing backups to fail, you need to investigate further.

According to the TN that you've mentioned,  "Backup is not affected."

So, it seems that you are experiencing a different issue. Were the backups successful previously?

ronen
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

I was at 7.0.1. The client failed and I saw the NetBackup Proxy Service service terminated unexpectedly error.
I have upgraded the environment and my clients to 7.1.0.1. The error and the failing of the client went away for a few weeks
only to return a few days ago. 

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Ron,

I recommend opening a case (if you haven't already) - mention TECH157163 and also etrack 2431233 - provide a copy of your even viewer messages which match the TechNote and see if your TSE agrees that you do need a 7.1.0.1 version of that same EEB.

(If you DO get it AND it resolves your issue, please report back here so we can get the TechNote updated to include 7.1.0.1 as affected!)

Lee_C
Level 5

Hi Ron,

I was wondering whether you got a response from support?

We too have the same issue.  I couldnt see that etrack listed in the NB7.1.0.1 release notes so which somewhat indicates the code in the eeb didn't make it into the maintenance pack. 

I will be raising a ticket with support on Monday.