cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Copy Of Data

Lambpix
Level 3

Hi,

Not sure if this should be in the Appliance or NBU threads but this is the scenario, I currently have two NetBackup 5250 Appliances running NBU 10.3 they are based in two different datacentres, they use AIR to replicate each other so data is available from either datacentre, the company want to use a third datacentre as a DR site and I was wondering if it is feasible to stand up a third 5250 in that site and use AIR again from both the other DC's to maintain backup copies on that one, it may or may not be backing up anything locally?

Kev 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

L_BR
Level 5

Yes its feasible. I have 3 sites, primary to secondary, secondary to tertiary. Although I was using third party OST devices. Your SLPs will have a third operation in them, thats all. 

Edit: You'll just have to take networks between all three sites into consideration.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L_BR
Level 5

Yes its feasible. I have 3 sites, primary to secondary, secondary to tertiary. Although I was using third party OST devices. Your SLPs will have a third operation in them, thats all. 

Edit: You'll just have to take networks between all three sites into consideration.

Thanks, I had a feeling it might be but just wanted to get some clarification

Kev