cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is ODD - client backup was not attempted because backup window closed(196)

LeeClayton
Level 5
I'm getting the above error on two backups which I have recently change to using a Journal backup. I have another backup which i did the same with and it's working fine.

The two backups with the 196 error complete successfully on the multiplexing jobs, C, D, E, system but the actual job then fails with a 196 error. It also fails within the backup window. I've checked the logs and what's being backed up is ok so I don't know why it's issuing a 196 error. I've checked the summary polices to see if I have duplicate polices but no others.

any ideas anyone?

Lee
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LeeClayton
Level 5
Hi,

I think it was because I had restarted a failed job from the day before then cancelled it. For some reason that cancelled job kicked off after the backup - really odd but it went away the next day as I just left the failed backup this time as a test

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

scorpy_582
Level 6
indepth troubleshooting guide for 196:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278557.htm

alazanowski
Level 5
Need some additional info:

What version of netbackup?

Whats the schedule information? (note, there have been some issues in recent versions that if the window for the backup goes over the 24 hour mark into another day, it fails with a 196 anyways).

LeeClayton
Level 5
Hi,

I think it was because I had restarted a failed job from the day before then cancelled it. For some reason that cancelled job kicked off after the backup - really odd but it went away the next day as I just left the failed backup this time as a test

LeeClayton
Level 5
Hi,