cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three questions re Windows 7.0 and 7.1 clients re UseNTIO=0...

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Three questions, regarding v7.0.x and v7.1.0.x Windows clients, after reading this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157209

1) How can we determine whether UseNTIO=0 is actually being honoured by a client ?

2) Is a stop and restart of NetBackup Client services actually really required ?  (i.e. do the client services pickup and remember whether UseNTIO=0 is present, or does bpbkar32.exe check for it each time it starts)

3) Does UseNTIO=0 have any involvement with restores, or is it purely to do with selecting which implementation of BackupRead API to use ?

I've tried testing it with a Windows 7 client with full level 5 logging, and I tried findstr the bpbkar logs for "NTIO" - but nothing obvious seen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla

1) How can we determine whether UseNTIO=0 is actually being honoured by a client ?

if you could  attach the bpbkar log to this post we also can have a look to find some clue

2) Is a stop and restart of NetBackup Client services actually really required ?  (i.e. do the client services pickup and remember whether UseNTIO=0 is present, or does bpbkar32.exe check for it each time it starts)

restarting the client services does not required, but also restarting does not cause anyting wrong

3) Does UseNTIO=0 have any involvement with restores, or is it purely to do with selecting which implementation of BackupRead API to use ?

its only for backup jobs, does not have impact on restores

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RamNagalla

if you could  attach the bpbkar log to this post we also can have a look to find some clue

restarting the client services does not required, but also restarting does not cause anyting wrong

its only for backup jobs, does not have impact on restores