cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Image restore fails through command line

sugarboy
Level 4

Hi All,

I was trying to perform a TIR from Command line i.e using bprestore with -T option

the command is as follows:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -T -R /renamefile -C nbu-01 -D nbu-01 -s 07/26/2011 05:14:20 -e 07/26/2011 05:14:31 -w -L /tmp/progress_log -p new_policy /tmp/data/

rename file has following entry

change /tmp/data/ to /tmp/resgendata123/

Now the Restore fails with below error:

EXIT STATUS 5: the restore failed to recover the requested files

When verified the progress log:

Restore started 07/26/2011 05:43:19

05:43:20 (3097.xxx) /tmp/data/ -s 07/26/2011 05:14:31 -e 07/26/2011 05:14:31 - no files matched in the given date range

05:43:20 (3097.xxx) INF - Status = the restore failed to recover the requested files.

Why is it taking both -s and -e times as same value when i have passed different values for them?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Sagar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sugarboy
Level 4

oops that was type while posting, however the file path that i have used was /tmp/data/ only

Whatever it may be, i could able to resolve the issue by using timestamp specified in the "NBU catalog" for the respective backup as the value for "-e" while doing TIR :)

Using the time stamp returned by -Listpolicy as the value for "-e" would resolve this problem..However this this was not mentioned in the man page for bprestore.

Thanks,

Sagar

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

query:

"Why is it taking both -s and -e times as same value when i have passed different values for them?"

comes from the man page for bprestore:

"...
When the -T option is specified, the image that is
requested  must  be  uniquely  identified.  Unique
identification is accomplished  by  using  the  -e
option with seconds granularity. The -s option (if
any) is ignored
. The  seconds  granularity  of  an
image can be retrieved by using the bplist command
with the -l and -Listseconds options.
..."

From the log: "no files matched in the given date range" - does your -e value match what's quoted from the man page extract above ("seconds  granularity  of  an image can be retrieved by using the bplist command")?

sugarboy
Level 4

Yes Andy,

I did the same as well

bplist -C nbu01 -S nbu01 -t 0 -l -Listseconds -T /tmp/data/

drwxr-xr-x root      root                0 Jul 26 21:52:48 /tmp/data/
drwxr-xr-x root      root                0 Jul 26 21:45:03 /tmp/data/

Now tried to TIR using

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -T -R /src_tgt.chg -C nbu01 -D nbu01 -S nbu01 -e 07/26/2011 21:52:48 -L /tmp/progress_log -p new_policy /tmp/gendata

Progess Log Shows:

22:03:19 (3121.xxx) /tmp/gendata/ -s 07/26/2011 21:52:48 -e 07/26/2011 21:52:48 - no files matched in the given date range

22:03:22 (3121.xxx) INF - Status = the restore failed to recover the requested files.

Even though i did not provide -s it has considered it, However i have ensured that there are not other True Image backups at the point of time on the Netbackup and tried to restore by providing -e to current dateTime, even then the restore fails.

Thanks,

Sagar

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

via the BAR GUI?

i.e. a visual confirmation that it actually is there at that time from which you're trying to restore

sugarboy
Level 4

Yes Andy,

Even i can restore successfully from GUI.

The problem i face is only from command line i.e. (bprestore with -T option)

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

bplist -C nbu01 -S nbu01 -t 0 -l -Listseconds -T /tmp/data/

drwxr-xr-x root      root                0 Jul 26 21:52:48 /tmp/data/
drwxr-xr-x root      root                0 Jul 26 21:45:03 /tmp/data/

Now tried to TIR using

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -T -R /src_tgt.chg -C nbu01 -D nbu01 -S nbu01 -e 07/26/2011 21:52:48 -L /tmp/progress_log -p new_policy /tmp/gendata

Shouldn't these be the same?

sugarboy
Level 4

oops that was type while posting, however the file path that i have used was /tmp/data/ only

Whatever it may be, i could able to resolve the issue by using timestamp specified in the "NBU catalog" for the respective backup as the value for "-e" while doing TIR :)

Using the time stamp returned by -Listpolicy as the value for "-e" would resolve this problem..However this this was not mentioned in the man page for bprestore.

Thanks,

Sagar