Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two VM host exist with same Dsiplay name

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Hi Friends ,

I have one quiry please clrify the same .

I have single domain master server fro Head Office and DR site , there is two Vcenter  one for each site , we have configure backup policy by VM Display Name to salect the client name  ,

Question is that there is two VM client with same display name one in HO vcenter  second one in DR Vcenter being backup . Today ,i noticed that 

Now i want to know how restore will work ???

Can we identify which host was backed up from which Vcenter ???

How will come to know that we are restoring vm clinet belongs to which Vcenter ??

Please Assist

Thanks You !!

20 REPLIES 20

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Hi Jack,

You are right , we can identify that which VM belongs to whic Vcenter By this way , but thing is that i was getting the same Vcenter and Data Store name , When I was tring to restore both images due to this i guss the same host had been added in to two seprate policy and The One VM host with the same name was exist in DR Vcenter As well  this was the reson to get confuse .

As you instructed me  to perform the restore and you can get Vcenter name of Belonging vm Hosts, i tried, i was getting same Vcenter and Data store name so on Behalf of that we can conform that the same VM host name was added in two diffrent in policy as well as one VM with same name was exist in DR Vcenter.

Thanks to all of you for you support.